At Outfund, we help evolving businesses supercharge their growth by offering a fair, fast, and easy way to apply for investment… and now we are growing ourselves!
We have just closed a Series A round for £115M, and are seeking ambitious people to join us in championing our smart, tailored, data-driven funding solution and become an integral part of our early-stage but quickly expanding fintech company.
Software Engineering Manager
As a software engineering manager, you would be responsible for ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled, while solving any engineering issues that come up in a project.
- Assign tasks to engineers
- Gauge progress of various projects
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders
- Collaborate with the teams to create new products
- Create reports to give updates on projects
- You will:
- Act as a Project Lead from start through to completion on complex engineering programmes of work
- Look to continually improve engineering techniques and practices to increase efficiencies
- Challenge the business on existing practices to push the business forward with innovation at the heart of all activities
- Manage effectively the balance between innovation and minimal viable product deliver
- Building a diverse team of software engineers.
- This includes recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding them to set them up for success
- Enabling your team to execute, and removing blockers for them to work efficiently
- Supporting your team throughout their journey with us with coaching and individual career development plans
- Creating a best-in-class engineering culture that’s based on knowledge sharing and quality outputs for our customers
- Working with the leadership team to assess priorities and execute around them
Our dream candidate
- 3-5 Years Engineering Management Experience
- The ability to effectively delegate work and problem-solve in a fast paced environment
- A natural leader with prior people management experience and skills.
- A people person who wants to set teams up for success
- A passion for software engineering. You’re a builder by background, love the engineering craft, and have experienced what a best in class engineering culture looks like firsthand
- Appreciation for design and digital product craftsmanship. You care about building products that serve the customers’ needs and solve real problems in an elegant way
- Strategic & tactical. You can go macro and bring people together around a vision, as well as zoom in on the tactical day-to-day aspects to drive sharp execution
- You have done this before. You recruited engineers that are among the best in the industry enabling them to be successful, and it’s time to do that all over again
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible-Remote working
- Device of your choosing (Macbook Air or Dell XPS)
- 24 Days Holiday (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Your Birthday off!
- Support and Coaching
- Private Healthcare
- Discounted gym membership
- Daily Barista Coffee
- Regular team Happy Hours and events!
- Perkbox Benefits and Discounts
Something wrong with this page? Let me know on Twitter.