🔑 Key Information
Flexibility: Our engineering team is spread out between GMT to EAT (+3hrs), so this role is open to applicants located in these time zones. At the moment, we’re unable to accept applicants located outside of these time zones.
Salary Range: As a starting point we have benchmarked this role at £80,000 to £90,000. This range is dependent on experience which we will know much better after going through an interview process. So please do let us know if this is outside of your expectations and we are more than happy to discuss further and look after every situation on a case by case basis.
Accessibility: We want every interview to be as comfortable so you can focus on showing us as much of you as possible. Our interviews are typically conducted via Zoom. If there are adjustments we can make to assist you in the hiring process, please do let us know in the application.
🎯 Your responsibilities in this role
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who is experienced in Go to help us take the Nala app to the next level. Following an extremely successful funding round, we are ready to scale the app to encompass more countries and currencies providing 21st century payment to the African continent and its diaspora. We are deeply passionate about the communities we serve and we hope you will share our drive to deliver world class software and to achieve our ambitious goals
Whilst projects change from sprint to sprint, these are the types of projects that we expect you will be getting involved in in the first few months of your time at Nala:
- Build customer facing features together with the frontend team
- Integrate with payment partners to offer fast and reliable payments across many countries
- Implement core business logic such as Know Your Customer, Identification Verification, Anti Money Laundering and fraud monitoring to keep our customers safe
- Quickly launch new countries by writing modular and configurable code to adapt to market specific and evolving requirements
- Use data to drive decision making and identify customer insights
- Build internal tools and integrations for our support and marketing teams
- Automate processes and partner failover to reduce support load and keep our customers happy
⚒️ Our Tech Stack
- Services are written in Go, deployed in AWS ECS and communicate with our app with gRPC
- Our app is written in Dart with Flutter and available on both Android and iOS
- We use Postgres, kafka, redis and vault
- We keep our services size strictly above micro, we like simple and easy to maintain infrastructure
- We use and leverage AWS as much as possible and we manage it with Terraform
- We write unit and integration tests, do code reviews and deploy multiple times a day
- We use kanban to manage our tasks in Jira
🔥 Must have job requirements
- You have at least 5+ years of experience building highly reliable and scalable backend services in Go
- You have excellent knowledge of the best practices in designing, developing and deploying those services in a cloud environment
- You have experience working asynchronously with global teams using tools like Slack/Teams/Jira as well as other modern communication systems
- You are passionate about either our product and the mission that we are on
- You are are fluent in written and spoken English
💪 Nice to have job requirements
- You have experience working in Fintech and Payments
- You have experience working in a tech startup
- Experience with crypto currencies development
- Experience in infosec
How to apply
- Send Harsimran a connection request
- Include a message which starts with #BuildOurAfrica ← This will help us pick your application up!
Something wrong with this page? Let me know on Twitter.